As Instagram has become the best platform for influencers, brands, and users, it has also become an ideal target for hackers.
We have been witness to frustrating identity theft with the sharing of photos, profiles, information, and more.
Being a target for hacking is incredibly disheartening, especially since the procedure for retrieving a profile can be complicated.
The cause of this great hacking wave is in, most cases, a phishing operation. For example, these hackers imitate Instagram’s interface to steal Instagram identifies and passwords.
So, how can you secure your account to prevent this from happening to you?
To properly protect your account, it’s recommended to increase the security of your account. To do so, follow these steps:
- Choose a strong password (with letters, numbers, and special characters);
- In your settings, activate double authentication (2FA). By activating this, in the case of an external attempt to connect to your account, confirmation via SMS will be sent to you. It’s impossible for the hacker to connect to your profile without the code sent by text message. So, double authentication is very important, especially if you have a business profile.
If you are ever concerned that there’s been a breach to your account, it is imperative to quickly change your password via the application.
- Make sure you always go through the official Instagram website or by application.
- Do not trust any email asking you to enter your Instagram ID and password.
- Never enter your username and password on any external sites. For example: Buy subscribers, likes, free trials, etc. These types of sites are a hacker’s’ favorite tool!
- Block users you don’t like or trust.
- Manually approve the posts in which you are tagged.
And, as always, be careful!